I was about to offer some duplicates from my collection of Rats’ singles for sale on EBay and I thought it was probably a good idea to offer them here first – give citizens first refusal...or is it second refusal - just posted a simlar message on the Bob Geldof Facebook page).
I don’t like to use the word ‘rare’ so I won’t. But in terms of Boomtown Rats singles from around the globe, these include some of the most obscure or harder to find discs and I thought that if you don’t already have copies, I might be able to tickle your fancy.
Bear in mind that these are duplicates – that means I have bought second copies because the copies I’m offering are in most cases, not perfect. If there are any you are interested in, I’ll send you full details of conditions and any issues before you make up your mind.
So the list is:
· ‘Joey’s On The Street Again’ b/w ‘Mary of the Fourth Form’ – Scandinavia only release.
· ‘Mary of the Fourth Form’ b/w ‘Do The Rat’ – New Zealand pressing.
· ‘I Don’t Like Mondays’ b/w ‘Diamond Smiles’ - Mexico only release.
· ‘I Don’t Like Mondays’ b/w ‘It’s All The Rage’ – Brazil release.
· ‘I Don’t Like Mondays’ b/w ‘It’s All The Rage’ – Japanese release (blue label).
· ‘Banana Republic’ b/w ‘Man at the Top – Japanese general release (blue label).
· ‘Rat Trap’ b/w ‘So Strange’ – UK release with dark green label in picture sleeve.
· CBS Promo (white label) 4 track EP (cat no. AE7 1230). With Elephants’ Graveyard
If you’re interested in one or all, please contact me on Facebook Messenger or COB Members Chat in the first instance and we’ll take it from there. If I haven’t heard from anyone in two weeks, I’ll revert to plan A and put these up on EBay.